karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Startup timing Windows vs. Mac
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 05:12:04 GMT
Hi Oleg,

So Windows is longer than Mac (not surprising ;)).

Did you check in term of bundles resolution ? Do the two systems use the
same Maven repository and network to resolve the artifacts.

I already saw such issue due to the Windows antivirus: it verified any
artifacts downloaded by Karaf and it takes time.

Do you have antivirus on the Windows system ?

Regards
JB

On 19/11/2018 21:12, Oleg Cohen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have two systems: one Mac and one Windows. I have noticed that exactly the same application
with a number of bundles, both 3rd party and my own, take significantly longer (1.5 vs 6 mins)
on Windows compared to Mac. Both systems are pretty powerful and have similar resources. I
was wondering if anybody has noticed the same. What would be the best way to analyze the startup
performance and identify bottlenecks?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org