karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Karaf pax exam test works locally but fails on travis-ci
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:28:16 GMT

>> It would have been nice to be able to get the karaf.log from the pax
>> exam test.  But I don't know how to do that on travis.

> I looked into redirecting karaf.log to the console, so that it would end
> up in the console log in travis.

> But it looks like I'm already routing the karaf output to the console:
>  1. The pax exam karaf config points to a new configuration file fetched
>     from the resource classpath
>      https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/5755236cc036bc256348dc6d7b38ff2c95748a97/ukelonn.tests/src/test/java/no/priv/bang/ukelonn/tests/UkelonnServiceIntegrationTest.java#L75
>  2. The replacement file already includes Console in the
>     log4j2.rootLogger.appenderRefs
>      https://github.com/steinarb/ukelonn/blob/5755236cc036bc256348dc6d7b38ff2c95748a97/ukelonn.tests/src/test/resources/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg#L28

Looking at the karaf.log resulting from a local run, the karaf.log has
*lots* of stuff not output to the console.

So the above config is not enough to make karaf output everything to the
console.

And the interesting stuff about why the pax exam karaf instance won't
start is probably to be found in the karaf.log.

Hm...