Hi -

I ran into an issue with a custom distro.

Installing a local feature from the console works just fine, but when I include the feature repo in the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file the feature won’t load because karaf thinks it doesn’t exist.

This is what I get when I install from the console while the :

karaf@root()> feature:repo-add mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
karaf@root()> feature:repo-list
  my-features-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT               │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
karaf@root()>

This is the entry in the distro pom to add the repo to the config file:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.myproject</groupId>
<artifactId>my-features</artifactId>
<version>${project.version}</version>
<classifier>features</classifier>
<type>xml</type>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>

And this is what I get when I install the feature in the distro:

feature:repo-list
  my-features                     │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
Error executing command: No matching features for my-feature/0

Not sure what is going on here. In the first case the Repository name shown is the feature name as defined in feature.xml, in the second case it is the feature artifact name as defined in the pom.xml.

I checked the docs and compared my distro pom with the 4.2.0 source code. I don’t see (...) any glaring mistakes, but obviously something must be wrong.

Kind Regards,

Erwin