karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: REST - Declarative Services
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 21:01:32 GMT
Aries JAX-RS should work. It is not yet released though. So currently there
is only a snapshot. A release should follow soon.

Another option is to use CXF-DOSGi. You can find an example below. It is
similar to Aries JAX-RS so a later switch should be easy.

https://github.com/apache/cxf-dosgi/tree/master/samples/rest

Christian

> Hello All,
>
> I’ve been developing services using Declarative Services for dependency
> injection and it was a breeze so far. Now I want to expose some of the
> functionality via a REST API and I’m stuck. So far I’ve deployed my bundles
> through bundle:install -s man: …. all very easy. But what should be simple,
> exposing this through REST is becoming difficult. There are tips out there
> suggesting to use Blueprint, which I don’t want, others seem to suggest
> that I need to create a “feature” package.
>
> Then there’s also the requirements to “feature” install cxf. That’s OK
> btw, I only have to do that once. But is there really no simple way to
> create a simple REST service using merely DS?
>
> Guenther

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist