karaf-user mailing list archives

From Tim Ward <tim.w...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: MariaDB/JPA Transaction rollback not working
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 15:59:37 GMT
This is the one you want https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.scr/2.1.0

1.4 is backward compatible with 1.3 so it should be possible to just do a drop-in replacement.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 18 May 2018, at 17:50, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com> wrote:
>
> Great, I solved the Eclipse problem.  Thanks.
>
> Yes, Karaf provides DS 1.3,  but no DS 1.4 out off the box.
> Maybe this is available from Aries?
>
> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>

>> On May 18, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Answers inline:
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 18 May 2018, at 16:55, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you Tim for the very detailed explanation.
>>> There are  two problems I don’t know how to resolve:
>>>
>>> 1- BND generates this for my bundle:
>>>
>>> 		Require-Capability:  osgi.extender;filter:="(&(osgi.extender=osgi.component)(version>=1.3.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))”
>>>
>>> 	This is because I use the @Component and @Reference annotations.  This is strange,
since I should be using OSGi R7, so I am not sure why it is saying 1.3.0.  Now when try to
run in Karaf, even though I am installing scr feature, it fails with unresolved requirement.

>> So in the absence of information to the contrary this requirement is added based
on your usage of Declarative Services features. If you use DS 1.3 features then DS 1.3 will
be required.

>> Since R7 added the bundle requirement annotations the @Component annotation has been
annotated to require DS at the current spec version (this gives a more consistent behaviour
than bnd’s heuristics). At a guess you are picking up a 1.3 requirement because you have
the 1.3 annotations ahead of the 1.4 annotations on your classpath, but it could be triggered
by other things too. On the other hand this isn’t actually a problem as the requirement
is still satisfied by DS 1.4 and both versions will work for you at runtime.

>> The Karaf scr feature really should be providing SCR 1.3 (which is required by the
spec to provide the extender capability. That has been the current version of the spec for
three years, and has been provided by Felix for at least 6 releases. I’d be pretty shocked
if DS 1.3 wasn’t supported. You may need help from a more Karaf focussed person to confirm
this.

>>> 	Since I could not find OSGi R7 in public Maven Repos, I followed EnRoute depending
on:
>>>       <dependency>
>>>         <groupId>org.osgi.enroute</groupId>
>>>         <artifactId>osgi-api</artifactId>
>>>         <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>         <type>pom</type>
>>>         <scope>provided</scope>
>>>       </dependency>
>>>       <dependency>
>>>         <groupId>org.osgi.enroute</groupId>
>>>         <artifactId>enterprise-api</artifactId>
>>>         <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>         <type>pom</type>
>>>         <scope>provided</scope>
>>>       </dependency>
>>
>> There’s no problem with you using these. On the other hand the OSGi API aggregations
you are looking for are:

>> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.osgi/osgi.core
>>
>> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.osgi/osgi.cmpn
>>
>> You can also find the individual specs under the org.osgi group id if you want to
use a smaller hammer :)

>>> 2- This is minor, and I see it also in the EnRoute project. While the Maven build
succeeds, Eclipse BND plugin shows 2 errors:

>>> The default package '.' is not permitted by the Import-Package syntax. This can
be caused by compile errors in Eclipse because Eclipse creates valid class files regardless
of compile errors. The following package(s) import from the default package [org.enquery.encryptedquery.responder.data.service.impl]
(biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:4.0.0:bnd-process:default:process-classes)	pom.xml	/encryptedquery-responder-data
line 0	Maven Build Participant Problem

>>> The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the
class file for javax.persistence.EntityManager. Fix the build path then try building this
project	encryptedquery-responder-data		Unknown	Java Problem

>> As the message suggests, this usually occurs when Eclipse has build errors for the
project. Specifically in this case you seem to be building against a project which exposes
the EntityManager interface somehow, but you don’t have the JPA API in your compile dependencies
(normally these would come come in transitively from the project you depend on).

>> I hope this helps,
>>
>> Tim
>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex soto

enRoute application, but as I think you’re using OpenJPA (rather than Hibernate) it may
help to explain things in relation to the Transaction Control JPA integration test for OpenJPA.
I’m sure that at least some of this will be stuff you already know, but I’m trying to
make sure I give a compete explanation.

It references a couple of open bugs in OpenJPA which may or may not affect you. It also adds
schema generation as OpenJPA does not support the standard properties from JPA 2.1 https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L34

https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L48

are needed by the Aries Tx Control JPA resource provider to support XA)

need XA Transaction support. For example https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L365

on your needs. Note that you can’t use the XA provider with the local service, but you can
use the local provider with the XA service (although this doesn’t make a lot of sense to
do). For example https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L377

this natively (which is why it is used in many examples) but MariaDB does not. Therefore you
will need to deploy PAX-JDBC’s support. See https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc/tree/master/pax-jdbc-mariadb

Provider, or using configuration. Configuration is generally easier and is what I normally
recommend. At that point you need to create a factory configuration for the relevant PID (it
depends on whether you use the local or XA resource provider, see https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L175)

registered in the service registry (using your EntityManagerFactoryBuilder and the MariaDB
DataSourceFactory). You can then Inject that service into your code and combine it with the
TransactionControl service to make a thread safe EntityManager that you can use in all your
requests (just like the enRoute example does).

changed yesterday in this commit https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee
to make sure enRoute kept building.

so is it possible that you’re running offline, or firewalled from the repo? You should be
able to force snapshot updates from the Maven command line.

or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in Bnd Snapshots (https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/)
-> [Help 1]

The transaction control resource provider uses the DataSourceFactory directly to create a
DataSource (either progamatically using a factory service or via config admin) that enlists
itself in the ongoing transaction. This means that the answer to your question is “with
Transaction Control you don’t have to do that because it does it automatically”

is that the DataSourceFactory can produce an XADataSource, otherwise it just uses the standard
JDBC API to commit/rollback. If your DataSourceFactory doesn’t support XA then use the local
resource provider implementation.

that supports transactions, then it will still not work, right?
results when I change to MariaDB, and I will find myself in the same spot as of now.

how to register a transaction aware MariaDB DataSource.

examples is the enRoute Project. It contains Maven Archetypes, examples and worked tutorials
for building applications using R7 specifications.

of long established OSGi implementations from Aries and Felix. The majority of them are already
released and in Maven Central. Those that are still in the process of releasing (pretty much
just the JAX-RS whiteboard) are available in the Apache Snapshots repository. I am not aware
of any implementations that require R7 framework features, so all of them should run on Karaf.

Almost impossible to get it right.
adoption level at this time, availability of bundles, examples, support by Karaf, etc.

one DataSource being registered:

by the JNDI service specification.

be DataSource instances, but they should have different filters.

an JTA enlisting DataSource registered as a service (this isn’t just your normal DataSource),
then to build a filter which selects that. One option for this is to use the enlistment whiteboard
from Aries (not well documented) https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc

is why I keep mentioning Transaction Control which handles the enlistment reliably without
the layers of services.

so I have no idea.

JTA and non JTA DataSources. This is clearly wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously
be enlisted in the Transaction and not enlisted. The comments also indicate a misunderstanding
of the purpose of the non-jta-datasource, which absolutely is used with JTA EntityManagers
(for things like sequence allocation and out of band optimisations). You really do need to
have both and they do need to behave differently.

enlisted with the transaction manager present in the system.  This usually happens by configuring
a (otherwise invisible) DataSource wrapper There is nothing forcing you to make this happen
(or checking that it does) hence your transactions would be broken. This is one of the several
reasons I try to direct people to Transaction Control where the model actively pushes you
toward transactions that actually work, rather than hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

as to what might be wrong.

Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> [...]
? Flush looks weird to me and it seems you don't use container managed transaction.

Soto wrote:
> [...]
tried with Narayana Transaction Manager, and same result.

?

Alex Soto wrote:
> [...]
4.2.0, Rollback is not working with MariaDB and InnoDB tables.
features (from Karaf’s enterprise  repository):
configured in the file /org.ops4j.datasource-responder.cfg/
= mariadb
version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
name="responderPersistenUnit" transaction-type="JTA">
Only used when transaction-type=JTA -->
Only used when transaction-type=RESOURCE_LOCAL -->

  <property name=“hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect" />
name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true" />
name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true" />
name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="none"/>
/>
class="org.data.impl.UserServiceImpl" />
interface="org.data.UserService" />
exception in my DAO:
user) {
Purpose");
not to be in the table due to rollback of the transaction, but it still shows up in my database
table.