karaf-user mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <alex.s...@envieta.com>
Subject Re: MariaDB/JPA Transaction rollback not working
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 20:25:36 GMT
I agree, it s very frustrating and time consuming. Almost impossible to get it right.
I may try the OSGi R7, but I am not sure of its adoption level at this time, availability
of bundles, examples, support by Karaf, etc.

Anyway, back to my current stack.  I only see one DataSource being registered:

karaf@root()> service:list DataSource
[javax.sql.DataSource]
----------------------
 databaseName = responder
 dataSourceName = responder
 osgi.jdbc.driver.name = mariadb
 osgi.jndi.service.name = responder
 service.bundleid = 14
 service.factoryPid = org.ops4j.datasource
 service.id = 194
 service.pid = org.ops4j.datasource.feb33f6d-dc46-4bc7-a417-ad6bdd5a6ee5
 service.scope = singleton
 url = jdbc:mariadb:XXXXXX
Provided by :
 OPS4J Pax JDBC Config (14)
Used by:
 Data (135)

Not sure what to do with this.
I specified the following in the configuration:

pool=narayana
xa=true

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On May 16, 2018, at 4:12 PM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>
> The structure of the JNDI name is defined by the JNDI service specification.
>
> osgi:service/<interface name>[/<filter>]
>
> So in this case both of your services should be DataSource instances, but they should
have different filters.

> The important thing is to make sure you have an JTA enlisting DataSource registered as
a service (this isn’t just your normal DataSource), then to build a filter which selects
that. One option for this is to use the enlistment whiteboard from Aries (not well documented)
https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc <https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc>

> This is a non-trivial thing to do, which is why I keep mentioning Transaction Control
which handles the enlistment reliably without the layers of services.

> Best Regards,
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 16 May 2018, at 21:57, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com <mailto:alex.soto@envieta.com>>
wrote:

>> Thank you Tim.
>>
>> Any idea what the JNDI names would be?
>> It is Pax-JDBC creating these JNDI names, so I have no idea.
>>
>> From the Karaf console:
>>

>> karaf@root()> jndi:names
>> JNDI Name              │ Class Name
>> ───────────────────────┼───────────────────────────────────────────────
>> osgi:service/responder │ org.mariadb.jdbc.MySQLDataSource
>> osgi:service/jndi      │ org.apache.karaf.jndi.internal.JndiServiceImpl
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Alex soto
>>

>>> On May 16, 2018, at 3:48 PM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com <mailto:tim.ward@paremus.com>>
wrote:

>>> Just looking quickly.
>>>
>>> You have the same JNDI name for both JTA and non JTA DataSources. This is clearly
wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously be enlisted in the Transaction and not enlisted.
The comments also indicate a misunderstanding of the purpose of the non-jta-datasource, which
absolutely is used with JTA EntityManagers (for things like sequence allocation and out of
band optimisations). You really do need to have both and they do need to behave differently.

>>> At a guess your DataSource is not enlisted with the transaction manager present
in the system.  This usually happens by configuring a (otherwise invisible) DataSource wrapper
There is nothing forcing you to make this happen (or checking that it does) hence your transactions
would be broken. This is one of the several reasons I try to direct people to Transaction
Control where the model actively pushes you toward transactions that actually work, rather
than hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

>>> Hopefully this gives you some clues as to what might be wrong.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

use container managed transaction.

<mailto:jb@nanthrax.net> <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>>>
wrote:

<mariadb://mariadb.local:3306/responder?characterEncoding=UTF-8&useServerPrepStmts=true&autocommit=false>
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>"
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>"
<http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v2.0.0>"
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>
the transaction, but it still shows up in my database table.