karaf-user mailing list archives

From Tim Ward <tim.w...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: MariaDB/JPA Transaction rollback not working
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 18:08:41 GMT
Hi Alex,

Bnd 4.0.0 was only released last Sunday, but this should have been changed yesterday in this
commit https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee
to make sure enRoute kept building.

EnRoute is automatically pushed to the sonatype OSGi nexus repository, so is it possible that
you’re running offline, or firewalled from the repo? You should be able to force snapshot
updates from the Maven command line.

Best Regards,

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 17 May 2018, at 18:26, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com> wrote:
>
> Allright,  I am trying to follow the EnRoute tutorial.
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> [ERROR] Plugin biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Could not find artifact biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in Bnd Snapshots (https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/)
-> [Help 1]

> Any idea (time frame) when this will move from SNAPSHOT dependencies?
>

> Best regards,
> Alex soto
>

>> On May 17, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>>
>> It is highly unlikely that you’ll hit the same issues. The transaction control
resource provider uses the DataSourceFactory directly to create a DataSource (either progamatically
using a factory service or via config admin) that enlists itself in the ongoing transaction.
This means that the answer to your question is “with Transaction Control you don’t have
to do that because it does it automatically”

>> If you want to use XA transactions then the only requirement is that the DataSourceFactory
can produce an XADataSource, otherwise it just uses the standard JDBC API to commit/rollback.
If your DataSourceFactory doesn’t support XA then use the local resource provider implementation.

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 17 May 2018, at 15:17, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will take a look at these examples.
>>>
>>> However, I think that if I cannot get a MariaDB DataSource that supports transactions,
then it will still not work, right?
>>> If the examples use H2 database, I still may get different results when I change
to MariaDB, and I will find myself in the same spot as of now.

>>> So, the question remains about what is the correct way how to register a transaction
aware MariaDB DataSource.

>>> Best regards,
>>> Alex soto

Project. It contains Maven Archetypes, examples and worked tutorials for building applications
using R7 specifications.

implementations from Aries and Felix. The majority of them are already released and in Maven
Central. Those that are still in the process of releasing (pretty much just the JAX-RS whiteboard)
are available in the Apache Snapshots repository. I am not aware of any implementations that
require R7 framework features, so all of them should run on Karaf.

time, availability of bundles, examples, support by Karaf, etc.

but they should have different filters.

registered as a service (this isn’t just your normal DataSource), then to build a filter
which selects that. One option for this is to use the enlistment whiteboard from Aries (not
well documented) https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc

Transaction Control which handles the enlistment reliably without the layers of services.

This is clearly wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously be enlisted in the Transaction
and not enlisted. The comments also indicate a misunderstanding of the purpose of the non-jta-datasource,
which absolutely is used with JTA EntityManagers (for things like sequence allocation and
out of band optimisations). You really do need to have both and they do need to behave differently.

manager present in the system.  This usually happens by configuring a (otherwise invisible)
DataSource wrapper There is nothing forcing you to make this happen (or checking that it does)
hence your transactions would be broken. This is one of the several reasons I try to direct
people to Transaction Control where the model actively pushes you toward transactions that
actually work, rather than hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

and it seems you don't use container managed transaction.

Manager, and same result.
<jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>> wrote:

> [...]
working with MariaDB and InnoDB tables.
enterprise  repository):
/org.ops4j.datasource-responder.cfg/
value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect" />
due to rollback of the transaction, but it still shows up in my database table.