karaf-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lewis <sle...@composent.com>
Subject gogo console commands
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 05:23:55 GMT
I've created some custom gogo console commands, and they work fine on
the gogo console in felix.

When I run them on Karaf 4.2.0, however, the command handlers themselves
are executed , but I also use a
org.apache.felix.service.command.Converter so that I can return complex
types (and Lists of complex types) and have the gogo runtime call into
my Converter.format impl for formatting the instances of the complex
return types.

Using a debugger, I can see  my Converter service format method called
by the felix gogo console, but the Converter.format method is never
called in Karaf console, and no output is produced (either than my table
header line written out as String with no conversion).

Has anyone added gogo commands to Karaf that use the Converter services
to convert complex types to output strings?   Is there something else
that needs to be configured in Karaf runtime to allow this?

Thanksinadvance,

Scott