karaf-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hoge...@me.com>
Subject Re: Odd feature repo behavior in 4.2.0 custom distro
Date Sun, 13 May 2018 14:11:42 GMT
Hi François,

Thanks for your reply.
> Did the feature:list show your feature un your custom distribution ?

Nope.
> You also set log to debug and see if there is something wrong.

Hmmm…
	2018-05-13T15:48:05,948 | DEBUG | activator-1-thread-1 | AetherBasedResolver
 | 2 - org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn - 2.5.4 | Resolved (com.seecago.rome.server:rome-features:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
as <…>/Users/erwin/work/Rome/trunk/src/server/karaf.distro/target/assembly/system/com/seecago/rome/server/rome-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/rome-features-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-features.xml

… I think I see what the issue is… the referenced feature is empty, or pretty much empty.

	<features xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.5.0" name="rome-features"/>

That is not the feature.xml I had in mind. The one from .m2 looks much different. Wasn’t
there a Jira issue raised a couple of weeks ago about feature.xml not being generated completely?
Or was that a config file? I can’t find it anymore.

Thanks,

Erwin
> François
>
> Le 13 mai 2018 00:43, Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hogeweg@me.com> a écrit :
> Hi -
>
> I ran into an issue with a custom distro.
>
> Installing a local feature from the console works just fine, but when I include the feature
repo in the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file the feature won’t load because karaf thinks
it doesn’t exist.

> This is what I get when I install from the console while the :
>
> 	karaf@root()> feature:repo-add mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
> 	karaf@root()> feature:repo-list
> 	  my-features-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT               │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
> 	karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
> 	karaf@root()>
>
> This is the entry in the distro pom to add the repo to the config file:
>
> 	<dependency>
> 		<groupId>com.myproject</groupId>
> 		<artifactId>my-features</artifactId>
> 		<version>${project.version}</version>
> 		<classifier>features</classifier>
> 		<type>xml</type>
> 		<scope>runtime</scope>
> 	</dependency>
>

> And this is what I get when I install the feature in the distro:
>
> 	feature:repo-list
> 	  my-features                     │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
> 	karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
> 	Error executing command: No matching features for my-feature/0
>
> Not sure what is going on here. In the first case the Repository name shown is the feature
name as defined in feature.xml, in the second case it is the feature artifact name as defined
in the pom.xml.

> I checked the docs and compared my distro pom with the 4.2.0 source code. I don’t see
(...) any glaring mistakes, but obviously something must be wrong.