karaf-user mailing list archives

From Alex Weirig <alex.wei...@technolink.lu>
Subject NPE if "PROTOTYPE" bundle is updated
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 06:47:00 GMT
Hello,

I'm getting the attached NPE stacktrace in Karaf 4.2.0 when I update a
bundle containing PROTOTYPE based components, e.g.

@Component(scope = ServiceScope.PROTOTYPE, service = Module.class,
property = { "view=Application" })

I develop my bundles using Eclipse and BND(tools). The bndtools build
deploys the bundles to my local .m2 repository.

I install the bundles in Karaf using bundle:install mvn: .... and I use
bundle:watch --start * to watch for bundle changes.

It looks like the NPE isn't a show stopper, so Karaf continues to work
but it's annoying to always see the stacktraces.

--

Mat frëndleche Gréiss, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Meilleures salutations,
Kind regards,