karaf-user mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <alex.s...@envieta.com>
Subject Re: MariaDB/JPA Transaction rollback not working
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 20:46:48 GMT
Thanks Tim,

I was using branch R7, changed to master, it builds now.

Now I have updated my project to OSGi 7 with Transaction Control, how do I deploy to Karaf?
i.e., what bundles/features do I need?

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On May 17, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Bnd 4.0.0 was only released last Sunday, but this should have been changed yesterday
in this commit https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee
<https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee>
to make sure enRoute kept building.

> EnRoute is automatically pushed to the sonatype OSGi nexus repository, so is it possible
that you’re running offline, or firewalled from the repo? You should be able to force snapshot
updates from the Maven command line.

> Best Regards,
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 17 May 2018, at 18:26, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com <mailto:alex.soto@envieta.com>>
wrote:

>> Allright,  I am trying to follow the EnRoute tutorial.
>>
>> I am getting this error:
>>
>> [ERROR] Plugin biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Could not find artifact biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in Bnd Snapshots (https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/
<https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/>)
-> [Help 1]

>> Any idea (time frame) when this will move from SNAPSHOT dependencies?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Alex soto
>>

>>> On May 17, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com <mailto:tim.ward@paremus.com>>
wrote:

>>> It is highly unlikely that you’ll hit the same issues. The transaction control
resource provider uses the DataSourceFactory directly to create a DataSource (either progamatically
using a factory service or via config admin) that enlists itself in the ongoing transaction.
This means that the answer to your question is “with Transaction Control you don’t have
to do that because it does it automatically”

>>> If you want to use XA transactions then the only requirement is that the DataSourceFactory
can produce an XADataSource, otherwise it just uses the standard JDBC API to commit/rollback.
If your DataSourceFactory doesn’t support XA then use the local resource provider implementation.

>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

transactions, then it will still not work, right?
change to MariaDB, and I will find myself in the same spot as of now.

transaction aware MariaDB DataSource.

Project. It contains Maven Archetypes, examples and worked tutorials for building applications
using R7 specifications.

OSGi implementations from Aries and Felix. The majority of them are already released and in
Maven Central. Those that are still in the process of releasing (pretty much just the JAX-RS
whiteboard) are available in the Apache Snapshots repository. I am not aware of any implementations
that require R7 framework features, so all of them should run on Karaf.

this time, availability of bundles, examples, support by Karaf, etc.

but they should have different filters.

DataSource registered as a service (this isn’t just your normal DataSource), then to build
a filter which selects that. One option for this is to use the enlistment whiteboard from
Aries (not well documented) https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc
<https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc>

Transaction Control which handles the enlistment reliably without the layers of services.

DataSources. This is clearly wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously be enlisted in
the Transaction and not enlisted. The comments also indicate a misunderstanding of the purpose
of the non-jta-datasource, which absolutely is used with JTA EntityManagers (for things like
sequence allocation and out of band optimisations). You really do need to have both and they
do need to behave differently.

manager present in the system.  This usually happens by configuring a (otherwise invisible)
DataSource wrapper There is nothing forcing you to make this happen (or checking that it does)
hence your transactions would be broken. This is one of the several reasons I try to direct
people to Transaction Control where the model actively pushes you toward transactions that
actually work, rather than hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

<mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>> wrote:

> [...]
to me and it seems you don't use container managed transaction.

Transaction Manager, and same result.
Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net> <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>>>
wrote:

> [...]
not working with MariaDB and InnoDB tables.
enterprise  repository):
/org.ops4j.datasource-responder.cfg/
<mariadb://mariadb.local:3306/responder?characterEncoding=UTF-8&useServerPrepStmts=true&autocommit=false>
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>"
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>"
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd>">
value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect" />
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>"
<http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/jpa/v2.0.0>"
<http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v2.0.0>"
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>"
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>
<https://osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd>">
table due to rollback of the transaction, but it still shows up in my database table.