karaf-user mailing list archives

From Guenther Schmidt <schmi...@gmail.com>
Subject REST - Declarative Services
Date Mon, 28 May 2018 17:40:02 GMT
Hello All,

I’ve been developing services using Declarative Services for dependency injection and it
was a breeze so far. Now I want to expose some of the functionality via a REST API and I’m
stuck. So far I’ve deployed my bundles through bundle:install -s man: …. all very easy.
But what should be simple, exposing this through REST is becoming difficult. There are tips
out there suggesting to use Blueprint, which I don’t want, others seem to suggest that I
need to create a “feature” package.

Then there’s also the requirements to “feature” install cxf. That’s OK btw, I only
have to do that once. But is there really no simple way to create a simple REST service using
merely DS?

Guenther