karaf-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hoge...@me.com>
Subject Odd feature repo behavior in 4.2.0 custom distrorome
Date Sat, 12 May 2018 20:43:31 GMT
Hi -

I ran into an issue with a custom distro.

Installing a local feature from the console works just fine, but when I include the feature
repo in the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg file the feature won’t load because karaf thinks
it doesn’t exist.

This is what I get when I install from the console while the :

	karaf@root()> feature:repo-add mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
	karaf@root()> feature:repo-list
	  my-features-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT               │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
	karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
	karaf@root()>

This is the entry in the distro pom to add the repo to the config file:

	<dependency>
		<groupId>com.myproject</groupId>
		<artifactId>my-features</artifactId>
		<version>${project.version}</version>
		<classifier>features</classifier>
		<type>xml</type>
		<scope>runtime</scope>
	</dependency>

And this is what I get when I install the feature in the distro:

	feature:repo-list
	  my-features                     │ mvn:com.myproject/my-features/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
	karaf@root()> feature:install my-feature
	Error executing command: No matching features for my-feature/0

Not sure what is going on here. In the first case the Repository name shown is the feature
name as defined in feature.xml, in the second case it is the feature artifact name as defined
in the pom.xml.

I checked the docs and compared my distro pom with the 4.2.0 source code. I don’t see (...)
any glaring mistakes, but obviously something must be wrong.

Kind Regards,

Erwin