karaf-user mailing list archives

From Tim Jones <...@mccarthy.co.nz>
Subject Re: JPA (Hibernate) with Apache Karaf 4.2
Date Wed, 30 May 2018 21:04:51 GMT
Hi Alex,

while I recognise this does not answer your question I thought it might help
being that you stated you are new OSGi and you asked  "as there are better
practices for persistence in OSGi?"

Are you aware of the broader OSGi landscape regarding Declarative
Services/Bluerprint/POJO/Everit components/CDI + other. If you come to a
point where you are about to embark upon a significant piece of work it may
pay to do some reading on this.

Not a great analogy but it would be a bit like starting with an example
based on JEE not knowing that the Spring framework existed. You may latter
have then wished you had known about the Spring framework to make a more
strategic decision as to what framework you wanted to base your application.

The example you are working with is based upon Aries Blueprint, the are
other examples based upon DS e.g the enRoute example
https://enroute.osgi.org/tutorial/032-tutorial_microservice-jpa.html, each
has it's pros and cons.

The following is worth a read
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Blueprint-or-DS-or-what-to-use-td4045845.html