karaf-user mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <alex.s...@envieta.com>
Subject Re: MariaDB/JPA Transaction rollback not working
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 14:55:14 GMT
Thank you Tim for the very detailed explanation.
There are  two problems I don’t know how to resolve:

1- BND generates this for my bundle:

		Require-Capability:  osgi.extender;filter:="(&(osgi.extender=osgi.component)(version>=1.3.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))”

	This is because I use the @Component and @Reference annotations.  This is strange, since
I should be using OSGi R7, so I am not sure why it is saying 1.3.0.  Now when try to run in
Karaf, even though I am installing scr feature, it fails with unresolved requirement.

	Since I could not find OSGi R7 in public Maven Repos, I followed EnRoute depending on:
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.osgi.enroute</groupId>
        <artifactId>osgi-api</artifactId>
        <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <type>pom</type>
        <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.osgi.enroute</groupId>
        <artifactId>enterprise-api</artifactId>
        <version>7.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <type>pom</type>
        <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>

2- This is minor, and I see it also in the EnRoute project. While the Maven build succeeds,
Eclipse BND plugin shows 2 errors:

The default package '.' is not permitted by the Import-Package syntax. This can be caused
by compile errors in Eclipse because Eclipse creates valid class files regardless of compile
errors. The following package(s) import from the default package [org.enquery.encryptedquery.responder.data.service.impl]
(biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:4.0.0:bnd-process:default:process-classes)	pom.xml	/encryptedquery-responder-data
line 0	Maven Build Participant Problem

The project was not built since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for
javax.persistence.EntityManager. Fix the build path then try building this project	encryptedquery-responder-data
	Unknown	Java Problem

Best regards,
Alex soto

> On May 18, 2018, at 5:23 AM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> The bundles you need are listed in the bndrun for the JPA version of the enRoute application,
but as I think you’re using OpenJPA (rather than Hibernate) it may help to explain things
in relation to the Transaction Control JPA integration test for OpenJPA. I’m sure that at
least some of this will be stuff you already know, but I’m trying to make sure I give a
compete explanation.

> This method defines some extra properties to add to the persistence unit. It references
a couple of open bugs in OpenJPA which may or may not affect you. It also adds schema generation
as OpenJPA does not support the standard properties from JPA 2.1 https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L34
<https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L34>

> This method defines the OpenJPA bundles and their immediate dependencies. https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L48
<https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/SimpleOpenJPA_2_4_1_Test.java#L48>

> You then need:
>
> • Aries JPA 2.7.0 - this provides the OSGi JPA Service 1.1 RI (1.1 features are needed
by the Aries Tx Control JPA resource provider to support XA)

support. For example https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L365
<https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L365>

> • Aries Tx Control JPA resource provider - either XA or local depending on your needs.
Note that you can’t use the XA provider with the local service, but you can use the local
provider with the XA service (although this doesn’t make a lot of sense to do). For example
https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L377
<https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L377>

> • A JDBC Service implementation supporting your database driver. H2 supports this natively
(which is why it is used in many examples) but MariaDB does not. Therefore you will need to
deploy PAX-JDBC’s support. See https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc/tree/master/pax-jdbc-mariadb
<https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc/tree/master/pax-jdbc-mariadb>

> You then have the option of either programmatically assembling your Resource Provider,
or using configuration. Configuration is generally easier and is what I normally recommend.
At that point you need to create a factory configuration for the relevant PID (it depends
on whether you use the local or XA resource provider, see https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L175
<https://github.com/apache/aries-tx-control/blob/master/tx-control-providers/jpa/tx-control-jpa-itests/src/test/java/org/apache/aries/tx/control/itests/AbstractJPATransactionTest.java#L175>)

> The necessary configuration properties are:
>
> • url - the JDBC URL for your database
> • osgi.jdbc.driver.class - the database driver class name, in your case org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
> • osgi.unit.name - the name of your persistence unit
>
> The result of this configuration will be a JPAEntityManagerProvider service registered
in the service registry (using your EntityManagerFactoryBuilder and the MariaDB DataSourceFactory).
You can then Inject that service into your code and combine it with the TransactionControl
service to make a thread safe EntityManager that you can use in all your requests (just like
the enRoute example does).

> I hope this helps,
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 17 May 2018, at 22:46, Alex Soto <alex.soto@envieta.com <mailto:alex.soto@envieta.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks Tim,
>>
>> I was using branch R7, changed to master, it builds now.
>>
>> Now I have updated my project to OSGi 7 with Transaction Control, how do I deploy
to Karaf?
>> i.e., what bundles/features do I need?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Alex soto
>>

>>> On May 17, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Tim Ward <tim.ward@paremus.com <mailto:tim.ward@paremus.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> Bnd 4.0.0 was only released last Sunday, but this should have been changed yesterday
in this commit https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee
<https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute/commit/9f9857c3d317cd08a7aaf7327c1904676299f9ee>
to make sure enRoute kept building.

>>> EnRoute is automatically pushed to the sonatype OSGi nexus repository, so is
it possible that you’re running offline, or firewalled from the repo? You should be able
to force snapshot updates from the Maven command line.

>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:jar:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in Bnd Snapshots (https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/
<https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/bundles/>)
-> [Help 1]

control resource provider uses the DataSourceFactory directly to create a DataSource (either
progamatically using a factory service or via config admin) that enlists itself in the ongoing
transaction. This means that the answer to your question is “with Transaction Control you
don’t have to do that because it does it automatically”

the DataSourceFactory can produce an XADataSource, otherwise it just uses the standard JDBC
API to commit/rollback. If your DataSourceFactory doesn’t support XA then use the local
resource provider implementation.

transactions, then it will still not work, right?
when I change to MariaDB, and I will find myself in the same spot as of now.

a transaction aware MariaDB DataSource.

the enRoute Project. It contains Maven Archetypes, examples and worked tutorials for building
applications using R7 specifications.

OSGi implementations from Aries and Felix. The majority of them are already released and in
Maven Central. Those that are still in the process of releasing (pretty much just the JAX-RS
whiteboard) are available in the Apache Snapshots repository. I am not aware of any implementations
that require R7 framework features, so all of them should run on Karaf.

level at this time, availability of bundles, examples, support by Karaf, etc.

instances, but they should have different filters.

DataSource registered as a service (this isn’t just your normal DataSource), then to build
a filter which selects that. One option for this is to use the enlistment whiteboard from
Aries (not well documented) https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc
<https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/transaction/transaction-jdbc>

mentioning Transaction Control which handles the enlistment reliably without the layers of
services.

non JTA DataSources. This is clearly wrong as the DataSource cannot simultaneously be enlisted
in the Transaction and not enlisted. The comments also indicate a misunderstanding of the
purpose of the non-jta-datasource, which absolutely is used with JTA EntityManagers (for things
like sequence allocation and out of band optimisations). You really do need to have both and
they do need to behave differently.

the transaction manager present in the system.  This usually happens by configuring a (otherwise
invisible) DataSource wrapper There is nothing forcing you to make this happen (or checking
that it does) hence your transactions would be broken. This is one of the several reasons
I try to direct people to Transaction Control where the model actively pushes you toward transactions
that actually work, rather than hiding all the magic behind an annotation.

might be wrong.

<jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>> wrote:

> [...]
weird to me and it seems you don't use container managed transaction.

Narayana Transaction Manager, and same result.

wrote:
> [...]
is not working with MariaDB and InnoDB tables.
Karaf’s enterprise  repository):
in the file /org.ops4j.datasource-responder.cfg/
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence <http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>"
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>"
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence>
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd>">
name="responderPersistenUnit" transaction-type="JTA">
when transaction-type=JTA -->
when transaction-type=RESOURCE_LOCAL -->
name=“hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect" />
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>"
<http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/jpa/v2.0.0>"
<http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/transactions/v2.0.0>"
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>"
<http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0>
<https://osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd>">
interface="org.data.UserService" />
in my DAO:
{
Purpose");
in the table due to rollback of the transaction, but it still shows up in my database table.