karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ not starting soon enough
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2017 05:53:59 GMT
Hi Stephen,

I would say, you have two approach:

- in the start method of your bundle, you can create a listener that check if
the ActiveMQ transport connector (the tcp port for instance) is bound and then
you move on.
- AFAIR, ActiveMQ OSGi exposes the BrokerService as an OSGi service. So, you can
have a tracker on this one.

Regards
JB

On 12/08/2017 02:13 PM, smunro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a small issue where the ActiveMQ Service has not initialized in
> time for a bundle I have developed. With our own bundles, we can resolve
> ordering with declarative services, using @Reference, but I'm not sure how
> to achieve the same with ActiveMQ. Basically, I want to make sure the
> ActiveMQ bundle is actively up and running before any of my bundles, without
> messing with start orders
>
> Stephen
>

> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré