karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How's config connected to a bundle
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 21:36:55 GMT
I’d expect your component with a specified PID to work, are you sure it didn’t?  It turns
out that DS cannot reliably set the bundle location; when it tried to it turns out there is
an unavoidable race condition.  Therefore DS does not try to set the bundle location, so don’t
expect it to change.

I generally use the default component pid (the fully qualified class name or component name
if specified) or give it a name distinct from the bundle name unless the config is shared
by several components in the same bundle.

david jencks