karaf-user mailing list archives

From Massimo Bono <massimobo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Conditional-Package
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:18:27 GMT
Hello Stephen,

I investigated that bnd entry too. For me the following 2 resources were
really helpful:

- http://njbartlett.name/2014/05/26/static-linking.html;
-
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39494328/how-useful-is-to-create-an-osgi-utility-bundle
;

Maybe there might be useful for you too.

As for "here an example of how to use them in maven-bundle plugin, it's the
same as in bnd: you need to add "Conditional-Package" entry in the
configuration and add whatever pacakge you want to statically include in
the bundle. As Bartlett specified in one of the 2 resoruces I've linked
you, Conditional-Pacakge is useful for when "the implementation is the
contract of your bundle" (e.g. utility classes).

> Hello Peter,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  I came across this page indirectly that
> commented on the instruction, but I only noticed the header section.
>
> I tinkered with this locally and it seems to work as expected. I am still
> very curious why conditional-package isn't covered as well as all the other
> plugin instructions. Perhaps , as you say, its an isolated incident where
> it
> simply didn't have enough TLC, but at the same time It made be question how
> useful the instruction was.
>

> --

*Ing. Massimo Bono*