karaf-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Confused about feature dependency="true"
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 12:00:26 GMT

> Ok thank you, all my features are verified by maven plugin.
>
> So you say that no matter if I have features with dependency="true" or not,
> if the feature is already installed, it will not be touched?

> So the observed behavior, that after installing new feature the blueprint
> context from bundles from dependent bundle are destroyed and re-created has
> nothing to do with my feature descriptor and I should search for the cause
> for that behavior somewhere else?
>
> Have I understood you correctly?

No, that's the simple case. What I said is that the bundles are not touched
if they don't need to be changed.  So if they are refreshed, there's a
reason.   The reason can be obtained using the following command:
  feature:install --simulate --verbose the-feature-to-install

It will list all the bundles that will be refreshed and the reason why.
>From this list, find a bundle that you think should not be refreshed, it
will point you to the reason why it is.  It may be because one of its
imported package is refreshed too.  If so, you need to go up the tree and
find a reason that you can actually fix.

> --

Guillaume Nodet