karaf-user mailing list archives

From smunro <stephen.ross.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Conditional-Package
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2017 21:52:06 GMT
Hello,

I am investigating the "Conditional-Package" instruction for OSGI bundles
via the MVN bundle plugin. It was brought to my attention by another member
of my team, who cannot find any documentation on this instruction.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on this feature and its typical use
case. Alternatively, if you could point me in the right direction of an
example bundle which uses this and/or documentation.

I suspect this is not heavily used in OSGI apps, as I've only seen it
mentioned in posts from people with specific desires to deploy a bundle IF
certain dependencies are already in place in the deployment environment, yet
I've never seen a code example or a "here is an example of how to use it via
the maven bundle plugin".

Stephen