karaf-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Karaf Bundle stuck in “Starting”-status when trying to install feature programmatically
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 08:35:50 GMT
I'm not exactly sure what happens, especially, the fact that you're saying
there's no log is weird.
If you are programmatically calling the FeaturesService, can you make sure
all exceptions caught from those calls are logged too ?
Because I don't think the service will log an exception before throwing it,
so the missing log statement could be in your plugin manager.

I suspect several things that could go wrong.  One of them being the fact
that the FeaturesService needs the repositories to be accessible using
their URIs, so you can't point the FeaturesService to a file:xxx location
and then remove that file.  You need to first remove the repository from
the FeaturesService.

Guillaume

Guillaume Nodet