karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: What kind of things would prevent a set of bundles from going Active?
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2017 05:49:03 GMT
Hi,

When a bundle is resolved, it means that the constraints resolution is OK.
Basically, Import packages & requirements are satisfied.

So, a bundle stays in Installed state if it can go to Resolved due to a
unsatisfied resolution constraint (for instance an imported package is not present).

When a bundle is in Resolved state, it's possible to start it. Basically it
means calling the start method of the activator. If the start method works and
didn't throw an exception, then, the bundle becomes active.

In the case of blueprint, the activator is managed by blueprint. Grace-Period
means that blueprint is looking for a dependency service at startup and it
doesn't find it. So, he's waiting for the service.

bundle:diag or log gives you detail about the service not present.

Regards
JB

On 09/29/2017 07:30 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> I'm still working with the legacy app using Karaf 3.0.1, which I don't have very good
overall documentation for.

> I've been able to execute my "feature:install" command in the karaf console, which appeared
to complete successfully, but at that point it's apparently expected that all of my bundles
are in an "Active" state.  However, for some reason most of them are not.  Some are, but some
of the application-specific bundles are "Installed", or even "Grace Period".

> I've checked the karaf.log, and there are no obvious red flags.
>
> When I try to hit my REST service at localhost:8181, it just times out, which is not
surprising, as the bundle in question probably is not active.

then went to "http://localhost:8181/system/console" in my browser.  This timed out.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org