karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Karaf Feature vs. OBR
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 09:35:36 GMT

>> Fwiw, bundle:watch is very specific and only check the local repository, so
>> it won't work if you upload a new snapshot on a remote repository.

> I was sort of hoping it would work for a different maven repo in the
> local file system, which is what I currently have.

I tried one (actually two experiments):
 1. Made the repository deployed to by travis-ci karaf's local
    repository.
    Using the same local repository as maven builds worked when I tried
    it out on my development machine (after I had made the repository
    writable by karaf).
    But it failed when using the repository deployed to by travis-ci on
    my production machine, because karaf was unable to recognize the
    deployed snapshots as snapshots in the local repository (actual
    repositories have a different snapshot structure to the local
    repository)

 2. Since I was in experimentation mode I tried making the repository
    are both the local repository and added it as a repository, like so:
     config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
     config:property-set org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.localRepository /var/www-maven/repository
     config:property-append org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories ", file:///var/www-maven/repository,
http://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons"
     config:update

    But this made karaf terribly confused:
     karaf@root()> feature:repo-add mvn:no.priv.bang.ukelonn/ukelonn.karaf/LATEST/xml/featuresAdding
feature url mvn:no.priv.bang.ukelonn/ukelonn.karaf/LATEST/xml/features
     Error executing command: Error resolving artifact no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
[Could not transfer artifact no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
from/to repo_1276108016 (http://artifactory.lampiris.be/remote-repos/): artifactory.lampiris.be,
Could not find artifact no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
apache (http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/), Could not find artifact
no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in sonatype.snapshots.deploy
(https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/), Could not find artifact no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
in ops4j.sonatype.snapshots.deploy (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/ops4j-snapshots/),
Could not find artifact no.priv.bang.ukelonn:ukelonn.karaf:xml:features:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
spring-ebr-repository (http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external/)] : mvn:no.priv.bang.ukelonn/ukelonn.karaf/LATEST/xml/features
     karaf@root()>

(I didn't expect the second experiement to work. I just tried it out to
see what would happen...:-) )

So now I'm back to running with the https-URL pointing to the travis-ci
deployment repository added to the mvn.repositories setting:
 config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
 config:property-append org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories ", https://maven.bang.priv.no/repository/@snapshots,
http://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons"
 config:property-set org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.globalUpdatePolicy always
 config:update

So, no success yet at totally automating the deployment from a
travis-ci build.

I still need to to "bundle:update" from the karaf console on each bundle
I want updated after a new snapshot has been added.