karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Karaf Feature vs. OBR
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 14:36:07 GMT
[snip!]
> So, no success yet at totally automating the deployment from a
> travis-ci build.

> I still need to to "bundle:update" from the karaf console on each bundle
> I want updated after a new snapshot has been added.

The still-in-flux REST API of the webconsole offers a possibility:
 http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-web-console/web-console-restful-api.html

I have verified that this causes a bundle to update on my development
machine:
 curl -X POST --data "action=update" --basic -u karaf:karaf http://localhost:8181/system/console/bundles/no.priv.bang.ukelonn

So in theory I could now create a shell script (or something) that would
POST an update to all affected bundles, and modify the travis.yml file
to run this script after completion of the snapshot deployment.

The downside is that I would have to install the webconsole, and expose
it to the internet, and I'm not sure I want to do that... I prefer to
limit access to admin features to what's absolutely necessary.