karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: karaf 3.0.1 just prints NullPointerException trying to append a property
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 05:22:46 GMT
Hi David,

Something is wrong on 3.0.1 (at least with Java 8): all commands throw a
NullPointerException (even a simple bundle:list).

After a quick look, it seems to be related to blueprint and aries proxy (and asm).

I'm checking and I will fix that.

Regards
JB

On 09/28/2017 12:45 AM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> I'm unfortunately forced to use Karaf 3.0.1 for some maintenance changes I need to make,
and I don't even regularly use karaf.

> The setup process requires entering some commands into karaf after it starts up.  First
there's a call to "config:property-append" with certain parameters.  When I do this, or even
just "config:property-append --help", it just says "Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException",
with no other information.

> What might be wrong here, and what can I do to get more information?
>
> Assuming I get this working, is it practical to pipe a set of commands into karaf, so
it will enter them after it presents the command prompt?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org