karaf-user mailing list archives

From <alexander.sah...@brodos.de>
Subject OSGi Transaction control fails with hibernate
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:52:08 GMT
Hello.

I'm trying to get tx-control with XA transactions running (local is working).
I found that tx-control opens a JTA transaction using RecoveryWorkAroundTransactionManager
(derived from geronimo's TransactionManager Implementation) explicitly instead of using the
registered TransactionManager (aries in my case for karaf 4.0.9). When hibernate EntityManager
implementation tries to join the transaction it fails because it uses the TransactionManager
provided by OsgiJtaPlatform (from hibernate-osgi) which is of course the one registered in
osgi ecosystem.

I think that the tx-control implementation has to use the TransactionManager registered with
OSGi.

Has anyone got that thing ever running?

Best Alexander.