karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Creating a karaf feature containing a karaf shell command breaks karaf
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 08:15:28 GMT
Hi Tom,

can you share the pom.xml you use to create your custom distro ?

It looks like some resources are missing in the distro.

Regards
JB

On 09/07/2017 10:06 AM, tom@quarendon.net wrote:
> Clearly this can't be true, since karaf ships with features containing bundles containing
commands, but I can't get it to work.

> I've created a simple karaf shell command, following the tutorial in the documentation.
As per the example, it just says "hello world".
> If I build that as an isolated bundle, install it into karaf and run it, it works, as
per the documentation.

> What I'm trying to do though is build that into a feature to include into a custom karaf
distribution.
> I can build the feature, and I can manually install the feature into a karaf distribution,
and it works OK, I can run the resulting command.
> I can build the karaf distribution containing the feature OK, but when I then run the
resulting karaf then fails to initialise properly.

> In the log file, I get:
> Adding features:
> Changes to perform:
> Region: root
> Bundles to install:
> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.console/4.1.2
> null <-- This is clearly bad
> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh/4.1.2
>
> Installing bundles:
> null <-- This is the same null as before and causes the problem below.
> Error installing boot features
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource has no uri
> 	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.getBundleInputStream(Deployer.java:1460)
[10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.2]
> 	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:766) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.2]
> 	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1233)
[10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.2]
> 	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$0(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1132)
[10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.2]
> 	at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl$$Lambda$15/951619949.call(Unknown
Source) [10:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.1.2]
> 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
> 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
>
> The console then goes funny, and you get:
> Error in initialization script: etc\shell.init.script: String index out of range: 0
> which I'm assuming is a knockon issue.
>
> I've got no idea where this "null" bundle is coming from, but it's clearly causing the
karaf initialisation to go wrong.

> I have created an example project at https://github.com/tomq42/karaf-command-feature
which I hope shows the problem.
> Just build with maven, then run the karaf-distro\target\assembly\bin\karaf(.bat) command.
You should see the error above on the console, and the error in the log.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org