karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Karaf Feature vs. OBR
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2017 11:52:18 GMT

>> You can change the update global policy in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg.

> Ok, on karaf 4.1.2, I've now set the global update policy, and added a
> remote repo that contains snapshots:

Now I've done it differently (...and perhaps more correctly...?):

 1. I've installed karaf-4.1.2 on a debian 9 "squeeze" system, using the
    debian package created by this script: https://github.com/steinarb/karaf-deb-packaging
    The .deb package creates the user "karaf" that karaf is running as
 2. I've used "ssh -p 8101 karaf@localhost" to log in to the console of
    karaf and then
    a. Changed the config to add the snapshot repository, and set the
       globalUpdatePolicy to always:
        config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
        config:property-append org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories ", https://maven.bang.priv.no/repository/@snapshots,
http://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons"
        config:property-set org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.globalUpdatePolicy always
        config:update
    b. I've then installed my application (pulled in from the snapshot
       repository added above):
        feature:repo-add mvn:no.priv.bang.ukelonn/ukelonn.karaf/LATEST/xml/features
        feature:install ukelonn-db-postgresql
        feature:install ukelonn
    c. I've set karaf up to listen for snapshot changes
        bundle:watch *

The application starts up fine, and everything is downloaded from the
snapshot repository.

But as far as I can tell from the logs of the repository, there is
nothing accessing https://maven.bang.priv.no/repository/ to check if
there are updates to the snapshots.