karaf-user mailing list archives

From t..@quarendon.net
Subject Re: Default access control list for commands in the console
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:23:28 GMT
Well that was a supplemental question actually.
Within a single access control list for a particular scope, I can presumably provide a catch
all "*" entry at the bottom of that file, so that I can define a default access control list
for all commands *within that scope*, but can I provide one that applies to *all* scopes?
The access control list file is selected based on the scope of the command, so it doesn't
seem obvious how I would define an access control list that applied to multiple scopes.

> On 31 August 2017 at 13:03 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>

> You can use regex (like *) to match on all "other" commands.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 08/31/2017 12:38 PM, tom@quarendon.net wrote:
> > I just wanted to check that in the absence of an explicit access control list for
commands in the console, the default is to be to allow anyone access.
> > Can that be altered at all? Is there a way of providing a default access control
list at all? Or do I have to make sure I provide one for each command scope that I create?