karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config file and "multiple bundle locations"
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 19:38:04 GMT
Felix DS has not, for quite a while, bound configurations to bundles ( there is an unavoidable
race condition if you try). So if the only use of your configuration is DS components and
karaf doesn't set the bundle location somehow when installing it (maybe this can be configured?
No idea) you shouldn't have to worry. If one or more of the configuration consumers is a managed
service [factory] or something else that sets the bundle location you'll need to find a way
to configure a multi-location.

Hope this helps
David Jencks

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Jérémie,
>
> I don't think the key part is the etc folder, it's in the CM name in your bundle.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
>> On 07/05/2017 07:52 PM, jeremie.brebec@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I want to share a configuration between several bundles (a "cfg" file in etc), through
several "Declarative Services" components.
>> The OSGi Spec says that, in order to share a Configuration, the pid must starts with
a question mark.  Without this question mark, the Configuration is bound to a bundle, and
can't be read by another bundle. However, this question mark is not a valid file name.