karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject How to get the karaf.log logging in a pax exam test with the karaf container?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 17:27:57 GMT
I did a change that was supposed to be harmless.  I changed some of the
bundles added to the feature file generation from being defined in the
template to being added from compile phase depdenencies in the maven POM
file.

The resulting feature file contains, as far as I can tell, the same
 <bundle>mvn:...</bundle>
references, but in a different order.

The feature loads in regular karaf, but fails in the pax exam
integration test, but it fails differently in "mvn install" vs. when run
from inside eclipse.

To debug this, I'm trying to get the karaf.log output to the console (or
to a file, if that's easier), but so far I haven't had any success.

What I've tried is, adding the following to the options:
            logLevel(LogLevel.DEBUG),
            editConfigurationFilePut("etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg", "log4j2.rootLogger.level",
"DEBUG"),
            systemProperty("org.ops4j.pax.logging.DefaultSer‌​viceLog.level").value("DEBUG"),
but as far as I none of these has had any effect.

Does anyone know how to get the karaf.log output from pax exam tests
using the karaf container?

Thanks!

- Steinar