karaf-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lewis <sle...@composent.com>
Subject ECF Oxygen with Python Services
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 14:58:37 GMT
ECF recently released version 3.13.7 (Oxygen).

One highlight of the release relevant to this community is that the ECF
RS SDK and dependencies are now available via Maven Central [1].  This
is also reflected in our Karaf install [2]. As well, all our
distribution providers...at both Eclipse.org and our github org [3] are
now built with Maven.

As another highlight, recently there has been  work on the Jax-RS
provider [4], upgrading the Jersey-based provider and allowing Jax-RS
features and extensions via declarative services.

Finally, new Java<->Python remote service distribution providers are
available [1].  These providers allow OSGi services to be implemented in
Python and consumed in Java, and/or to be consumed in Python and
implemented in Java.   The OSGi service dynamics, classloading,
security, use of DS and/or other injection frameworks, versioning, etc
is all available to services implemented in Python.  See here [5] for a
short tutorial.

Scott

[1]
http://eclipseecf.blogspot.com/2017/07/ecf-3137-oxygen-maven-and-python-osgi.html