karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: DBCP2 & Karaf
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 06:57:47 GMT
If I understand correctly then you are trying to use the plain java
approach of creating a data source using the Driver class.
This does not work well in OSGi as the Driver approach expects a flat
classloader that sees all classes. You can try to work around this but
it will suck.

Instead I recommend to use the DataSourceFactory approach like used by
pax-jdbc. In OSGi a compliant database driver bundle will offer a
DataSourceFactory as an OSGi service.
You can use this factory to create a DataSource.

In case of H2 this is really  easy you just need two bundles:
install -s mvn:org.osgi/org.osgi.service.jdbc/1.0.0
install -s mvn:com.h2database/h2/1.3.172

This is already enough to use the DataSourceFactory.

Pax jdbc makes this even easier by providing the feature pax-jdbc-h2
which can be directly installed in karaf.
It also provides wrappers for databases that do not yet support this.

On top pax-jdbc can create pooling and XA ready DataSources. You can
even create such Datasources from a plain config without any coding.

See:
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Documentation
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/H2+Driver+Adapter
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Pooling+and+XA+support+for+DataSourceFactory