karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: config file and "multiple bundle locations"
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 04:48:01 GMT
Hi Jérémie,

it depends how the configuration is created:

- programmatically via ConfigAdmin
- dropping the file in the etc folder (so via FileInstall)

Regards
JB

On 07/05/2017 10:39 PM, jeremie.brebec@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> my configuration is only used by two DS components in two bundles (with Felix DS). this
configuration is created by Felix FileInstall. Only one of my component see this configuration,
and the Karaf 'config:list' command show that my configuration is bound to a bundle.. I will
have to recheck again who set the bundle location of this configuration.

> On 2017-07-05 21:38 (+0200), David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Felix DS has not, for quite a while, bound configurations to bundles ( there is an
unavoidable race condition if you try). So if the only use of your configuration is DS components
and karaf doesn't set the bundle location somehow when installing it (maybe this can be configured?
No idea) you shouldn't have to worry. If one or more of the configuration consumers is a managed
service [factory] or something else that sets the bundle location you'll need to find a way
to configure a multi-location.

>> Hope this helps
>> David Jencks
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

>>> Hi Jérémie,
>>>
>>> I don't think the key part is the etc folder, it's in the CM name in your bundle.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

etc), through several "Declarative Services" components.
starts with a question mark.  Without this question mark, the Configuration is bound to a
bundle, and can't be read by another bundle. However, this question mark is not a valid file
name.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org