karaf-user mailing list archives

From JonFields <Jon.D.Fie...@gmail.com>
Subject ds-create -dt ConnectionPoolDataSource not working?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:59:47 GMT
Hi, I am trying to upgrade to Karaf 4.1.1 which bundles pax-jdbc 1.0.1, from
Karaf 4.0.4 and pax-jdbc 0.9.0. I understand that the way that connection
pooled and XA data sources work in pax-jdbc 1 is changed...

In the past, after

    feature:install jdbc transaction pax-jdbc pax-jdbc-config pax-jdbc-spec
pax-jdbc-pool-dbcp2 pax-jdbc-h2

I was able to use ds-create to create a pooled data source:

     ds-create -dn H2-pool -dbName myDataBase -url jdbc:h2:/path/to/db
myDataSource

With Karaf 4.1.1 and pax-jdbc 1.0.1, I try the following, but no data source
is created and there are no errors in the log:

    ds-create -dn H2 -dt  ConnectionPoolDataSource -dbName myDataBase -url
jdbc:h2:/path/to/db myDataSource

If I omit the -dt  ConnectionPoolDataSource option, the ds-create command
works (but it is not a pooled data source).

If I follow the instructions  here
<https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Pooling+and+XA+support+in+1.0.0>
, and create a .cfg file with pool=dbcp2 , it works.

So perhaps the ds-create -dt option and/or pax jdbc 1.0.1 aren't working? Or
am I missing something?