karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Weird behaviour when uninstalling feature with fragment
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 21:10:26 GMT

>> But maybe a lib your using might fire this in case of an "error".

> This could be it.

> The problem bundle is an OSGi bundle fragment made from the
> liquibase-slf4j maven dependency[1], as outlined in
>  http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Experiences-with-karaf-and-liquibase-tp4050470p4050471.html

> Could it be that something strange happens with slf4j when the fragment
> is uninstalled, and that this is what kills karaf...?

> [1] <https://github.com/mattbertolini/liquibase-slf4j>

I did another experiment: I made the fragment bundle be empty (ie. made
a bundle without any code).  And that bundle could be uninstalled
without getting an error message.

So the best guess is that there is something in this code that gives a
problem when the bundle is yanked:
 https://github.com/mattbertolini/liquibase-slf4j/blob/master/src/main/java/liquibase/ext/logging/slf4j/Slf4jLogger.java