karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: Weird behaviour when uninstalling feature with fragment
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 15:53:00 GMT

> That's weird, i'm using the liquibase-slf4j as a fragment for quite
> sometime and i don't have this problem. but i'm using Karaf 4.0.8, and
> if i'm correct karaf 4.1.x changed some stuff related to logging,
> could be the cause of the problem.

Could be...?

Should this be reported as a karaf bug?  It should be pretty easy to
create a test case (just a maven file or two, to rebundle
liquibase-slf4j and create a karaf feature).

> Well, instead using the liquibase-slf4j as a fragment you can also
> repackage the liquibase bundle and add to it's header the
> liquibase.ext.logging to his Import-Package with an optional resolver,
> so when you install the liquibase-slf4j as a bundle ( not a fragment )
> it will work. But i'm not sure it will solve the problem.

Yes, I think that for this to solve the problem I would have to hook up
to an activator that manipulate the logger used by, and specifically
unregister/release the logger on bundle shutdown.