karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: How do karaf feature dependencies resolve transitive dependencies?
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 08:12:03 GMT

> you don't need dependency or prerequisite in that case. Instead you
> can use just inner feature dependency (transitive) or req/cap.

> Can I have access to your bundle headers as well ?

Hi, I just figured out: this wasn't anything related to feature
dependencies at all.  Sorry about the noise.

And thanks for responding!

This was my own home-brewed mini dependency injection system failing
 https://github.com/sbang/jsr330activator/issues/8

For now I'm working around this issue by removing the offending
"throw liquibase.exception.DatabaseException" from the method
declaration (it wasn't even from an API method.  Just a package private
method intended for a unit test), and wrapping the code in a try/catch
retrowing everything wrapped into a RunTime exception.

(As for why I wrote https://github.com/sbang/jsr330activator in the first
place:

 1. Writing activators is boring and rewriting the same code again and
    again, I wanted annotation based dependency injections (like we had
    where I worked back in 2006-2008)
 2. The existing dependency injection implementations (eg. spring DI,
    eclipse4 DI) had too many dependencies that were mutually exclusive

According to google nobody else was writing what I wanted so I wrote it
myself.  And what I wrote was an embeddable Activator implementation
that uses reflection to find OSGi service dependencies and start and
register OSGi services.  I tried to make it as small as possible and I
tried to have as few dependencies as possible.

And when I find bugs... I get to fix them myself...:-) )