karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: materialize bundles?
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 05:36:22 GMT
karaf-minimal is just a smaller distro then the normal karaf. It is
released for each version of karaf. I guess Guillaume pointed you to this
as an example of how to create your own custom distro.

There is no support to start karaf with a target platform. In practice
debugging karaf distributions works quite well though.
You simply start karaf with "karaf debug". Then go to the project you want
to debug in eclipse and start a remote debugging session for it with port
5005.
See
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_debugging

This works very well for pure maven projects. I think it is not very well
suited for tycho based projects.

Christian

> One more question:
>
> The pom you pointed me to:
>
> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>
> Seems to be the 'karaf minimal' or 'karaf boot' (not sure if these are the
> same thing), but the version appears to be 4.2...which is not out yet.
>  When is the expected release of karaf minimal/boot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>

> On 5/18/2017 4:48 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/2017 3:26 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>>> The karaf maven plugin is perfectly suited to create custom
>>> distributions.
>>>

>> We do use it to create the karaf official distributions, so unless
>>> something is missing, I'd suggest having a look at it.
>>> See for example:
>>> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
>>> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>>>

>> Ok, thanks.   Is there some further support for
>> developing/debugging/testing to these and other features...e.g. in Eclipse
>> and/or other IDE?  e.g. target platform?
>>
>> Excepting bndtools, which I know about.
>>
>> Scott

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de