karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: materialize bundles?
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 05:40:19 GMT
bundle:watch * is also very useful. See
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_watch

So while debugging you can do mvn install on the single project after
making changes to it. Karaf will then automatically updated the bundle(s)
you built. This even works without disconnecting the debugger.

So in practice the debugging experience is not much worse than with the pde.

Christian

> One more question:
>
> The pom you pointed me to:
>
> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>
> Seems to be the 'karaf minimal' or 'karaf boot' (not sure if these are the
> same thing), but the version appears to be 4.2...which is not out yet.
>  When is the expected release of karaf minimal/boot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>

> On 5/18/2017 4:48 PM, Scott Lewis wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/2017 3:26 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>>> The karaf maven plugin is perfectly suited to create custom
>>> distributions.
>>>

>> We do use it to create the karaf official distributions, so unless
>>> something is missing, I'd suggest having a look at it.
>>> See for example:
>>> https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/assemblies/apach
>>> e-karaf-minimal/pom.xml#L102-L148
>>>

>> Ok, thanks.   Is there some further support for
>> developing/debugging/testing to these and other features...e.g. in Eclipse
>> and/or other IDE?  e.g. target platform?
>>
>> Excepting bndtools, which I know about.
>>
>> Scott

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de