karaf-user mailing list archives

From Darren Seryck <Darren.Ser...@jda.com>
Subject RE: Xerces Parser
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 13:13:09 GMT
I found this issue explaining why Xerces was added to lib/endorsed (bug fix for IBM Java)

That was in 2013, is anyone who is running Linux and IBM Java 7 able to check that Xerces
can be removed from lib/endorsed?

Cheers
Darren

-----Original Message-----
From: Holger Hoffstätte [mailto:holger@applied-asynchrony.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:56 PM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xerces Parser

On Wed, 17 May 2017 17:08:16 +0000, Darren Seryck wrote:

> My question is why is Xerces 2.11 shipped with Karaf in lib/endorsed?

I don't know, but it really, really, VERY SERIOUSLY should not be there.
Or anywhere else for that matter.

> And would it be ok to remove it in our custom distribution of Karaf?

It must be OK, since anything that doesn't work with the JDK JAXP is broken anyway.

Thanks for bringing this up!

-h

To the extent permitted by law, we may monitor electronic communications for the purposes
of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies. We
may also collect email traffic headers for analyzing patterns of network traffic and managing
client relationships. For additional information see https://jda.com/privacy-policy.