karaf-user mailing list archives

From Darren Seryck <Darren.Ser...@jda.com>
Subject Xerces Parser
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 17:08:16 GMT
Hi,

We are having an issue where the Xerces 2.11 parser does not support the feature http://apache.org/xml/features/namespace-growth,
we need to use the JDK internal version of Xerces which does.

Currently we are doing that by setting javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory in etc/system.properties.
javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory\:http\://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema = com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.XMLSchemaFactory

My question is why is Xerces 2.11 shipped with Karaf in lib/endorsed?

And would it be ok to remove it in our custom distribution of Karaf?

Thanks
Darren

Darren Seryck
JDA Software
darren.seryck@jda.com<mailto:darren.seryck@jda.com>
visit us / jda.com<http://www.jda.com/>

Download the Free eBook: Digital Supply Chain For Dummies > <http://now.jda.com/Collateral-2017-04-Digital-Supply-Chain-for-Dummies-Global_Main.html?sfdc=DigitalDummies0417Outlook>

To the extent permitted by law, we may monitor electronic communications for the purposes
of ensuring compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies. We
may also collect email traffic headers for analyzing patterns of network traffic and managing
client relationships. For additional information see https://jda.com/privacy-policy.