karaf-user mailing list archives

From AndyPhillips404 <andyphill...@fastmail.com>
Subject Unable to get jaas LDAP working on Karaf 4.0.9
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 16:22:08 GMT
I am trying to get the jaas ldap working on Karaf 4.0.9 and can't seem to get
it to work.   I have put the following file in the deploy directory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
           xmlns:jaas="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/jaas/v1.0.0"

xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.1.0"

xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0">

    <jaas:config name="karaf" rank="2">
        <jaas:module
className="org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.ldap.LDAPLoginModule"
flags="required">
            initialContextFactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
            connection.url = ldap://ds.hdscores.com:10389
            connection.username=(REMOVED)
            connection.password=(REMOVED)
            connection.protocol=
            user.base.dn = ou=people,dc=hdscores,dc=com
            user.filter = (uid=%u)
            user.search.subtree = true
            role.base.dn = ou=karaf,ou=groups,dc=hdscores,dc=com
            role.filter = (&amp;(objectClass=groupOfNames)(member=%dn))
            role.name.attribute = cn
            role.search.subtree = true
            authentication = simple
            debug=true
            detailedLoginExcepion = true
        </jaas:module>
    </jaas:config>

</blueprint>

when I use realm-manage and then do a user-list, it says:
Can't get the list of users (no backing engine service found)

karaf@root()> bundle:list
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
ID | State  | Lvl | Version | Name
52 | Active |  80 | 0.0.0   | ldap-module.xml
karaf@root()> jaas:realm-manage
A valid realm or the realm index need to be specified
karaf@root()> jaas:realm-manage --index 1
karaf@root()> jaas:user-list
Can't get the list of users (no backing engine service found)
karaf@root()>

this is nothing in the log to debug or anything i can see what is going
on....   any thoughts?