karaf-user mailing list archives

From ashonline <ashpub...@mac.com>
Subject Encrypted keystore password
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 13:02:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm in the process of configuring karaf to use SSL communication and have
therefore provided the password to the keystore in the org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg
file:

org.ops4j.pax.web.ssl.keypassword=mypwd

I can't however find anything in the documentation that tells me how to
encrypt the password, for example by surrounding the password digest with
{CRYPT} markers.

Please advise whether or not this encryption capability exists or, if not,
what we can do as a workaround? It won't be acceptable for our clients to
have to type in their password in plain text for their keystore that they
will provide to our karaf based framework.