karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Offenbach" <wolle5...@gmx.de>
Subject Aw: Re: Shell commands are unavailable #1
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:37:38 GMT
Ok, I can live with that, but the command "shell wrapper:install --start-type DEMAND_START"
should work or has something been changed?

Give it a try:
$ shell wrapper:install --start-type DEMAND_START
[org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl] : completionMode property is not
defined in etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg file. Using default completion mode.
[org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] : Unknown command entered
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not found: wrapper:install
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:549)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:478)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:367)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Command not found: wrapper:install

Thanks!

Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 07:32 Uhr
Von: "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>
An: user@karaf.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Aw: Shell commands are unavailable #1
Hi Jens,

shell doesn't really start a full Karaf instance, so, it's an expected
behavior IMHO.

Regards
JB

On 01/06/2017 06:50 AM, Jens Offenbach wrote:
> The problem seems to occur only when using the "shell" script from the "bin" folder.
Using "./start", followed by "./client", the commands "system:shutdown" and "logout" are working
properly.

> Jens
>

> Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 06:43 Uhr
> Von: "Jens Offenbach" <wolle5050@gmx.de>
> An: user@karaf.apache.org
> Betreff: Shell commands are unavailable
> Hi,
> I am using Apache Karaf 4.1.0-Snapshot and in the current snapshot release, there seems
to be a problem regarding shell commands. I have opened the following issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4926.
But things seem to be much more problematic. Even the "logout" command is reported as unavailable.

> I am using the last snapshot (apache-karaf-4.1.0-20170105.165025-279.tar.gz") from the
Apache snapshot repository.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org