karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Aw: Re: Shell commands are unavailable #1
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:39:50 GMT
That's a good point and actually, it's the real end-user usage of shell
(to install the wrapper without starting a Karaf instance).

Let me take a look.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 01/06/2017 07:37 AM, Jens Offenbach wrote:
> Ok, I can live with that, but the command "shell wrapper:install --start-type DEMAND_START"
should work or has something been changed?

> Give it a try:
> $ shell wrapper:install --start-type DEMAND_START
> [org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl] : completionMode property is
not defined in etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg file. Using default completion mode.
> [org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] : Unknown command entered
> org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not found: wrapper:install
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:549)
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:478)
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:367)
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417)
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
> Command not found: wrapper:install
>
> Thanks!
>

> Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 07:32 Uhr
> Von: "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>
> An: user@karaf.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Aw: Shell commands are unavailable #1
> Hi Jens,
>
> shell doesn't really start a full Karaf instance, so, it's an expected
> behavior IMHO.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 01/06/2017 06:50 AM, Jens Offenbach wrote:
>> The problem seems to occur only when using the "shell" script from the "bin" folder.
Using "./start", followed by "./client", the commands "system:shutdown" and "logout" are working
properly.

>> Jens
>>

>> Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 06:43 Uhr
>> Von: "Jens Offenbach" <wolle5050@gmx.de>
>> An: user@karaf.apache.org
>> Betreff: Shell commands are unavailable
>> Hi,
>> I am using Apache Karaf 4.1.0-Snapshot and in the current snapshot release, there
seems to be a problem regarding shell commands. I have opened the following issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4926.
But things seem to be much more problematic. Even the "logout" command is reported as unavailable.

>> I am using the last snapshot (apache-karaf-4.1.0-20170105.165025-279.tar.gz") from
the Apache snapshot repository.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org