karaf-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Aw: Re: Shell commands are unavailable #1
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 07:59:31 GMT
@Guillaume
look here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4926

:)

regards, Achim

2017-01-06 8:33 GMT+01:00 Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org>:

> I found the problem and I have a fix locally.
> Has a jira been raised already ?
>
> 2017-01-06 7:39 GMT+01:00 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>:
>
>> That's a good point and actually, it's the real end-user usage of shell
>> (to install the wrapper without starting a Karaf instance).
>>
>> Let me take a look.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>
>> On 01/06/2017 07:37 AM, Jens Offenbach wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I can live with that, but the command "shell wrapper:install
>>> --start-type DEMAND_START" should work or has something been changed?
>>>
>>> Give it a try:
>>> $ shell wrapper:install --start-type DEMAND_START
>>> [org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl] :
>>> completionMode property is not defined in etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg
>>> file. Using default completion mode.
>>> [org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] : Unknown command entered
>>> org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not
>>> found: wrapper:install
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.jav
>>> a:549)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closu
>>> re.java:478)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:3
>>> 67)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
>>>         at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
>>>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPool
>>> Executor.java:1142)
>>>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo
>>> lExecutor.java:617)
>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>> Command not found: wrapper:install
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>> Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 07:32 Uhr
>>> Von: "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>
>>> An: user@karaf.apache.org
>>> Betreff: Re: Aw: Shell commands are unavailable #1
>>> Hi Jens,
>>>
>>> shell doesn't really start a full Karaf instance, so, it's an expected
>>> behavior IMHO.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>> On 01/06/2017 06:50 AM, Jens Offenbach wrote:
>>>
>>>> The problem seems to occur only when using the "shell" script from the
>>>> "bin" folder. Using "./start", followed by "./client", the commands
>>>> "system:shutdown" and "logout" are working properly.
>>>>
>>>> Jens
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Gesendet: Freitag, 06. Januar 2017 um 06:43 Uhr
>>>> Von: "Jens Offenbach" <wolle5050@gmx.de>
>>>> An: user@karaf.apache.org
>>>> Betreff: Shell commands are unavailable
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I am using Apache Karaf 4.1.0-Snapshot and in the current snapshot
>>>> release, there seems to be a problem regarding shell commands. I have
>>>> opened the following issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira
>>>> /browse/KARAF-4926. But things seem to be much more problematic. Even
>>>> the "logout" command is reported as unavailable.
>>>>
>>>> I am using the last snapshot (apache-karaf-4.1.0-20170105
>>>> <0201%2070105>.165025-279.tar.gz") from the Apache snapshot repository.
>>>>
>>>> Give it a try:
>>>> $ ./shell
>>>> [org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl] :
>>>> completionMode property is not defined in etc/org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg
>>>> file. Using default completion mode.
>>>> __ __ ____
>>>> / //_/____ __________ _/ __/
>>>> / ,< / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_
>>>> / /| |/ /_/ / / / /_/ / __/
>>>> /_/ |_|\__,_/_/ \__,_/_/
>>>>
>>>> Apache Karaf (4.1.0-SNAPSHOT)
>>>>
>>>> Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
>>>> and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
>>>> Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.
>>>>
>>>> karaf@root()> logout
>>>> [org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] : Unknown command entered
>>>> org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not
>>>> found: logout
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:549)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closu
>>>> re.java:478)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:367)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPool
>>>> Executor.java:1142)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo
>>>> lExecutor.java:617)
>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>> Command not found: logout
>>>> karaf@root()> system:shutdown
>>>> [org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] : Unknown command entered
>>>> org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not
>>>> found: system:shutdown
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:549)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closu
>>>> re.java:478)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:367)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
>>>> at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPool
>>>> Executor.java:1142)
>>>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo
>>>> lExecutor.java:617)
>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>>> Command not found: system:shutdown
>>>>
>>>> This is a hard blocker right now. May someone please have a look at
>>>> this.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks a lot!
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Jens
>>>>
>>>>
>>> --
>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net[http://blog.nanthrax.net]
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com[http://www.talend.com]
>>>
>>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> jbonofre@apache.org
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Red Hat, Open Source Integration
>
> Email: gnodet@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>
>


-- 

Apache Member
Apache Karaf <http://karaf.apache.org/> Committer & PMC
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer &
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>
Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS>

Software Architect / Project Manager / Scrum Master

Mime
View raw message