karaf-user mailing list archives

From Scott Lewis <sle...@composent.com>
Subject Re: Karaf IoT
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 03:33:24 GMT
On 1/2/2017 11:35 AM, Brad Red Hat wrote:
> I certainly understand the "short of time" problem. It just happens that I
> have a bit of a window right now and would like to get into it a bit deeper.
>

> Whether a Karaf/PAX/Felix implementation is more appropriate under the aegis
> of Kura or as a separate project that leverages the Kura driver bundles is
> hard to say.  I guess that would depend on a couple of things.
>
> 1. How amenable they are to a more top down approach that starts with OSGi
> service mechanics and drives down to meet the driver bundles?
> 2. Does an Eclipse foundation project have any interest in an Karaf branch
> project?

The ECF project would be interested in such an effort [1].  We have
been/are distributing our impl of the OSGi Remote Services/RSA specs [2]
as Karaf features [3] and have recently been exploring using remote
services for Karaf management [4].

Also, in my interaction with some of the Kura committers it's become
clear that they are doing some prototyping of running Kura services on
Karaf [5].   I don't know whether they have release plans around that
work, but I know that it has been going on.   It might be useful to
convey to them directly what your desires/criticisms are, and perhaps
contribute to that work.

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf
[2]