karaf-user mailing list archives

From rsteppac2 <r...@steppacher.name>
Subject How to authorize remote JMX access?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:30:02 GMT
I am trying to set up Karaf in a Docker container for remote JMX access. With
authentication disabled those properties allow me to connect remotely via
jconsole:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.rmi.port=1097
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1098
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=$HOST_HOSTNAME

With remote authentication enforced I can managed to use Karaf's JAAS setup
for authenticating JMX access:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.login.config=karaf
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$KARAF_HOME/etc/users.properties

However, on successful authentication the VM looks at its jmxremote.access
file for authorization and of course that file does not contain my user.

How can I get the VM to use Karafs ACL mechanisms for remote JMX
authorization instead of using a plain property file like the
jmxremote.access file?

Thanks!