karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Brad Johnson" <bradj...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: Levels of Containerization - focus on Docker and Karaf
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:54:54 GMT
Nick,

I've used the profiles and they work well. After the Maven plugin runs you
end up with a zip file that has karaf and all its dependencies
self-contained.  As Guillaume notes the Karaf is slimmed down by removing
those services.  But if one is compiling and zipping the whole Karaf
container with dependencies then installs as features really aren't needed.
It also will make black box testing of the resulting artifacts that much
easier.

If you look, for example, at the zip file that's created you can see how
small they are even with dependencies.

https://github.com/Ranx0r0x/Panda-Vault/tree/master/sample%20zip

I really think this could be huge if it gets standardized and standard
integration Karaf appliances get created.  I'd certainly hop on board and
help develop those.

Brad